cassone P501-P601

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

cassone P501-P601

Messaggio da aronne »

Il cassone del P501 è uguale identico a quello del P601?

P501 and P601 has the same identical box?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Re: cassone P501-P601

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Yes, they're the same, at least the one's I've come across. There were two different types of latches used on the Pianale. I have owners handbooks for both models. Ken
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

Another question..This morning I tried to dismantle the "cassone" of my P601 from the chassis ( secondary question: wich is the english word for "cassone"?), but I haven't made it because it seems to be welded in some points..Is it true?

Altra domanda. Questa mattina ho provato a smontare il cassone del mio P601 dal telaio, ma non ci sono riuscito perchè oltre ai bulloni sembra esser saldato in certi punti. E' vero?
ApeOperaiando
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: MPR1

Messaggio da ApeOperaiando »

anche io non ci sono riuscito nel 501, più che saldature a me pare una specie di mastice
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

You've missed some bolts holding down the "Pickup bed" or "Van box" as they're called over here for Pianale and Furgone. There are two bolts at the very back of the frame rails just under the tailgate. There are two long bolts under the frame box members just ahead of the license plate holder that go up through the frame box and that's why they're so long. Moving forward along the frame, there are two short wings that jut out from the top of the frame just behind the rear fender and they have short bolts. Directly above the rear fender there are two bolts, one each side and you can see the holes in the ends of that frame rail. In the center of that frame rail there are two gaps in the neoprene gaskets that I use and they're for two screws which hold down the Pianale bed just ahead of the engine cover. Replace those with stainless steel screws and they won't rust. In the frame rail at the rear of the gas tank you can see there's a bolt hole on each side and you'll find the tops of the bolts in the Pianale bed. Also on that same rail are two central holes where the gaps are in the gaskets and I use small bolts there as well (I've found screws there before but it should be bolted with small bolts). Just behind the cabin on the top of the frame rails are another two wings which have holes for bolting the front of the bed to the frame. The front of the gas tank is also bolted to the Pianale bed - this should be removed with a support placed under the gas tank temporarily, leaving it in place. Once the pickup bed is removed (there's sticky gasket material originally so just pry up on it and it'll come free) then make yourself up a stick which bolts into the two front frame mounting points and also a hole to mount the gas tank. This way when overhauling one of these machines I can test drive it with the gas tank temporarily mounted (I use wing nuts for easy removal). I use glaziers neoprene tape with a central circular part which won't allow too much compression. In fact, I leave the brown paper tape on when bolting the Pianale bed back on so I can shift it around while putting all the bolts back in it - and you will shift it around somewhat. You can see the roll of tape I use sitting on the frame. You can see the green pressure treated board I use for attaching the gas tank to the frame for testing. Good luck, Ken
DSC08028.JPG
DSC08029.JPG
DSC08030.JPG
DSC07984.JPG
DSC08031.JPG
DSC07983.JPG
DSC09187.JPG
ApeOperaiando
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: MPR1

Messaggio da ApeOperaiando »

thank you Ken greate idea
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

The special glaziers tape will get rid of the squeaks and rattles. Ken
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Aronne: So - did you get it off? Ken
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

No, I didn't do it.. Ive removed all the bolts but I couldn't get off the pickup bed. How many bolts are in total?

Over my pickup bed there is a welded a plane sheet, wich is not original, does it change something?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

16 bolts in total plus the one bolt that holds the front of the gas tank. There is some possibility that the installer of the plate steel used some of the bolt holes underneath on the cross members as points of attachment by welding through the holes from the bottom onto the lower side of the steel plate. Start at the rear. Undo the bolts at the back of the box frame, then undo the two long bolts that go up through the box frame just ahead of the license plate bracket. Then undo the two bolts, one on each side at the front of the rear mudguard. Now put wedges in starting at the back and see if you can pry up on the pickup bed. There should be two small bolts or screws just in front of the engine opening cover. By doing it this way you'll find out if you've missed any bolts or hopefully you'll be able to see where it's welded to the chassis cross members and you'll be able to cut the welds. Keep working towards the front. Take some photos if you run into something weird, I can't see too much from your original two photographs. How many bolts have you removed so far? Ken
pickup bed bolt holes.JPG
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Here are some photos of the front mounting bolts, one each side to the frame and the one holding up the front of the gas tank. It's on my Furgone but the bolt locations are the same. Here's a photo showing the attaching points on the central part of the bed (phillips screws, washer underneath). Also some photos showing the rear bolts I've removed. - Ken
91-LF bolts.jpg
92-RF bolt.jpg
118-bed attachments-marked.jpg
119- rear frame bolts.jpg
120-rear frame bolts 2.jpg
121- rear side frame bolts.jpg
122-back of frame bolts.jpg
Rispondi