Dinamotore MP P501 P601

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Dinamotore MP P501 P601

Messaggio da aronne »

Premetto che non mi intendo di api anni 70. Non vedo il motorino di avviamento, al che mi viene il dubbio che faccia da motore la stessa dinamo di ricarica della batteria, che infatti trovo sempre chiamata come "dinamotore". E' verità?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Re: Dinamotore MP P501 P601

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Go to my website, download Manuale per Stazioni di Servizio Ape MP - Ape Car. Look at pages 13 through 20, they're all about the dynastarter (which is a combined starter motor and when the revolutions reach a certain point it becomes also a generator). You will understand. Ken
dsc04831zi8.jpg
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Messaggio da aronne »

marvellous solution. But I don't understand why it wasn't even used on other vehicles. On every old car that I know there is the Dinamo and the start engine

Bellissima soluzione, ma non capisco coma mai non è stata usata anche da altri veicoli. Tutte le macchine vecchie che conosco hanno la dinamo e il motorino di avviamento separato..
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Actually it was used on many other vehicles. I recall DKW used them (there used to be one in our town) and of course being Bosch was well built, quite easily serviced and served a dual function. The only thing to keep an eye on are the front bearing and the brushes for wear. Brushes are easily replaced (I keep them in stock) and they can be rebuilt by any automotive electrical shop. They're also available new but they're not cheap. Current car makers are considering their return to use because one unit replaces both the starter and alternator. Our local garage has a diagnostic tool which I borrow to test the output, simply put the point on the wire and it will give you a digital reading of the output. Instantly tell you if servicing is required. I'll take a photo of it and post it for you. One thing to pay special attention to. Check the wires and attaching points (make sure they're clean and not rusty) and where the wires bend behind the dynastarter because of the vibration they sometimes wear through the casing and will cause a short. A simple check of these things will prevent problems in the future and because they're out of sight they're often out of mind. One other thing - under the seat behind the battery is an inline fuse holder with a fuse to protect that circuit. Keep a spare in the vehicle. - Ken
dsc04877mk1.jpg
DSC07359.JPG
59.jpg
61.jpg
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
Rispondi