AD1 - problem with motor starter

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
dondy
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: AD1
Contatta:

AD1 - problem with motor starter

Messaggio da dondy »

I have problem with starter on my AD1... It's turning, but magnet inside (or something) don't want to pull itself to transmit rotation to the clutch gear (as I saw on the part list for AD1 starter works with gear on the clutch - correct me if I'm wrong, ape is new to me). We manage to start it by pressing in the axle on the back side of the starter.. He's working but probably timing isn't correct (misfiring trough exhaust), but that's another story...
My question: Is there any manual or something with pictures, how to disasemble starter motor and any hint what could I expect inside...

Thanks in advance!

oh... it's 12V instalation if it's important.
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Re: AD1 - problem with motor starter

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

You need to talk to Phillipe in France who has restored a similar machine. Perhaps the Moderator can give you his posting where you can make contact, I couldn't find it in a hurry although I kept a lot of his photos - Ken
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
dondy
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: AD1
Contatta:

Re: AD1 - problem with motor starter

Messaggio da dondy »

We have neighbor which is auto-electrician, he took it apart yesterday, and said it's easily to fix... few bakelite washers, new brushes and it will be good as new... Will see what he will made of it...
Rispondi