help identify APE

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
JamesM
Apista aspirante

help identify APE

Messaggio da JamesM »

Hi all,

Could someone tell me which model APE this is? I find the doors strange, half-height and reverse hinging.

I might have the opportunity to pick this one up. It's on a farm, no rust and seems complete (except tray/back)

Cheers

-------------------------------
Ciao a tutti,

Qualcuno potrebbe dirmi quale modello APE è? Trovo le porte strane, a mezza altezza e invertire incernieramento.

Potrei avere la possibilità di prendere questo uno. E 'in una fattoria, senza ruggine e sembra completa (eccetto vassoio / retro)

Cin cin
Allegati
IMGP9104.jpg
IMGP9107.jpg
IMGP9106.jpg
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Re: help identify APE

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

James: I've sent you an email - Ape C - Ken
Serial number locations.jpg
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Messaggio da olandese volante »

you are extremely lucky and i hope you already took it home !
the doors are no good but maybe you vcan use part of them as repair pieces .
the doors were optional so you could leave them out as well ...........
get it and get to work !
JamesM
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da JamesM »

olandese volante ha scritto:you are extremely lucky and i hope you already took it home !
the doors are no good but maybe you vcan use part of them as repair pieces .
the doors were optional so you could leave them out as well ...........
get it and get to work !
Thanks. I don't actually have it. It is on offer. In a farm barn. It's 3500km away from me, on a farm. Very difficult to get it back here. I'm investigating possibilities.

Sale price is $1500, it's not running obviously. Is 2nd owner, purchased from original owner in around 1962. Hasn't moved in a very long time, doesn't appear to have rust. Finding out more and more information each day.
MarioNYC
Apista esperto
Apista esperto
Ape owned: AD1

Messaggio da MarioNYC »

James,

rent or borrow a pickup and make a nice vacation out of it to go and get it. It's calling you.
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Mario: That's two votes, I told him to put on his Akubra, get a ute and haul ass - Ken
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
JamesM
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da JamesM »

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys, this will indeed take some planning, I'd like to negotiate a better price with the owner to reduce total cost of acquisition/transport.

Ken already recommended flying to the east coast, hiring a ute (pickup) and driving the 1300 round trip to collect. He suggests getting it on to a pallet (timber crate) and lifting it on to the ute/pickup then driving it to a nearby transport depot for trucking back to the east coast.

I think it would be cheaper for me to drive the entire trip to collect on a ute (my father-in-law has a ute I could use), however it's a 6600km round trip!!

Just need to try to figure out the transport! It's difficult because it's on a farm so far away from, well, anywhere.
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Messaggio da olandese volante »

an ape ac without cargo mounted takes two pallet places , a transport company is cheaper .
just phone some transport companies to see what they charge , it should be around 600-700
as an ape takes only two pallet places ( dismount the truckbed and its done)
6600 is an awful lot of kms but when its a holiday and good weather...........in the states thats like 2000 here .............
JamesM
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da JamesM »

Thank you for the advice and confidence. I've decided to have it trucked back by a transport company. I'll still need to fly there and pick it up with a ute/pickup and drop it at a depot. Depending where the depot is.. closest might be around 250km away from the APE. Closest big city (Sydney) is 560km away from the APE.

Hoping to have more info and pictures of the APE very soon, including serial/engine numbers, etc.

Cheers all!
Rispondi