dimensioni ape MP * dimensions ape MP

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

dimensioni ape MP * dimensions ape MP

Messaggio da aronne »

Devo andare a prendere un'ape MP (una 500 MPR ),ma non avendo targa e documenti il trasporto è un po' complicato. Ho intenzione di sentire un carroattrezzi quanto mi chiede, oppure di noleggiare un furgone. Ma c'entrerebbe? in particolare mi occorrerebbe la dimensione della larghezza del cassone, qualcuno la sa?

I have to carry an APE 500 MPR in a van, but I don't know if it is possible. Does somebody know the dimensions of this APE? (in particular i need the max width)
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

MP dimensions

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Aronne: look at the Homologation Document attached, gives dimensions - there are others that I've downloaded on Telai on this website - Ken

Immagine
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

thankyou! so it could be carried in a large van

However, if I'll find some difficulties, is it easy desmantling the pick up bed from the body?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

dimensions MP

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Aronne: Yes, it's easy to remove the pickup bed, but it's flimsy, so better to move it all together in one piece if you can. I'll add to this posting later with details of removal if you wish - Ken
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Ape MP

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Aronne: At the very rear of the MP there are two bolts up through the tapered end of the frame, lower on the tapered box frame are two long bolts, just ahead of the rear fender on each side are two bolts and just behind the cab on the top of the box frame are two bolts and don't forget the screws in the bed just ahead of the engine access cover - pull off the wiring harness and undo the gas tank and overflow pipe and you're done - Ken

Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

thanks a lot, very helpful. However if It is possible I'll try to carry the whole Ape. The van is 1,8 metri large, it should be possible

I'll show some picture when the ape will be in my garage, i hope in this week

Gabriele
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

dimensions MP

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Aronne: Try it for sure, it'll be a lot easier to transport the whole thing - if it's tight, take a door off to be able to squeeze out of it if you decide to drive it into/out of the van - good luck - and a few photos would be nice to see - Ken
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

Immagine
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

dimensioni MP

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Very nice, looks to be in good shape - pull the engine cover and take a photo - how well does it drive? You need a new windshield rubber, see it's split at the top so water will leak in. Ken
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

before I have to carry the Ape to my house: now it is on the top of a mountain, 50 miles from my home!

The owner told me that the engine is perfectly running, the unic part to be repaired is the brakes pump
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

MP

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Tell you what I'd do - take a litre of DOT3 brake fluid and bleed the brakes - do you have a brake bleeding kit? If you do, you can bleed them by yourself, if you don't, take a clear plastic tube, insert one end through the top of a tupperware container lid and put the other end on the bleed screw. Undo the bleed screw a bit and pump the brake pedal after making sure the reservoir is full. Do this with all three wheels. Top up the reservoir and if there aren't any apparent leaks from the lines (bet there isn't, bet it's just not well maintained) - Jump in, fire it up and drive it home! It's an adventure. Whoever takes you there can follow - good luck, and remember to check the handbrake before you leave, you just might need it - Ken
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

the problem isn't the Ape, I trust her completely! The problem is the law!(it doesn't have the plate, the documents, the assurance, and so on..)
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

MP

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Ah yes, the Law! Here we can buy a transit permit, valid when my Insurance Agent provides me with temporary insurance, and used for such a trip - It's common practice here, when I bought my work truck that's what I did. Okay then, squeeze it in the Van and bring it home - Ken

Immagine Immagine
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

brakes

Messaggio da olandese volante »

bleeding that way is a real classic.
the laws in italy make you crazy, the dutch a known for regulating everything, but the italians make a law for a law of a law and to be sure some laws to explain the original one and then tell you to check the law that abolishes the one you checked as it was superseded by a new one as described in the law that eneables the new law .
>:)
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

MP

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

You should try being a house builder if you want to see laws! Behind my Ape is a house we've built for a friend. As for the brake bleed kit, why buy one when it's so easily made? Just make sure the plastic pipe sits on the bottom of the container so it's in the dirty fluid, that way it can't suck back air. Bleeding can be done by one person on their knees, pumping the brake pedal while looking under the vehicle at all 3 wheels to watch the dirty fluid change to clean. Just keep topping up the reservoir. I'm working on tailgates and sidepanels from one of my burned Ape's and will post on Api di Ken how a carpenter does it - should be fun - good luck with the move, and last time I was stopped by the Police in my Ape, I jumped out and in Italian fashion threw up my arms and said "So, I was speeding?" I got a big laugh about that - Ken

Immagine
Rispondi