Windshield Rubber

Per cercare Ape Piaggio, pezzi di ricambio, memorabilia, manuali, depliants e tutto ciò riguarda l'Ape. / To search for Ape Piaggio, spare parts, memorabilia, manuals, depliants and all that regarding Ape.
Rispondi
ALD
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: AC1
Contatta:

Windshield Rubber

Messaggio da ALD »

Hello everyone. I am restoring an AC1T APE and will be looking for a variety of parts. My first need is the rubber packing surrounding the 3 windshield sections and in between the 3 windshield sections. Does anyone know where I might find something that would work.
Thanks
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Re: Windshield Rubber

Messaggio da olandese volante »

contact user aronne and you will find it.
when yuo use a new rubber you will also be able to use the curved stuff like i did .
ALD
Apista aspirante
Contatta:

Messaggio da ALD »

Thank you for your respomse.
baldo
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: Other

Messaggio da baldo »

Hi, ald.
Here in my country, can still be found, the rubber, I think they are these.
Immagine
In the U.S., I do not know where you can find them, maybe in NAPA.
However, this is the web of a spanish company www.acriu.com
look of this:
catalogo riu,then, goma y plastico, and then, perfiles goma dura:cristales y ventanas.
good look.
ye:h
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

the rubber can be found anywhere but who needs 25 or 100 meters ?
aronne sells the package ( or at least was selling) the ape length.
otherwise try ken in canada
the rubbers for the fixed doorwindows are the real problem !
the windscreenrubber is easy as are the curved sections , get in touch with ken for parts and info of others that are on your track ( not all are to be found here)
ALD
Apista aspirante
Contatta:

Messaggio da ALD »

Thank you for your additional responses. I will persue those options.
torenieddu
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista
Ape owned: AC4

Messaggio da torenieddu »

hello Ald
You can look at this company in UK,they can sell you as much as you require ( min 1 meter)
sealsdirect.co.uk
They have all sorts of different sizes for it,with chrome or black beading, I am checking also with other companies here in UK for the fixed side quarter windows rubber seal,
Watch this space
Good luck chum
Ciao
ALD
Apista aspirante
Contatta:

Messaggio da ALD »

Thanks again for all your help. I will look into this company.

ALD
SYBARIS
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da SYBARIS »

Hi there,

I guess everyone who restores an APE has the same problems with the rubbers. I´ve recently restored two AD1s and used the windshield rubbers of a Jaguar E-Type. The rubber pretty looks like the original. My current project is an AC4 and I have the impression that the surrounding rubber might be the same as the one of the AD1 - but I haven´t tried, yet. The middle parts are definetely different.

The worst part concerning research begins with the doors - it´s almost impossible to find the window rubbers! I looked through all catalogues and asked as well Mauro Pascoli in Italy as Peter Erhorn in Germany - no matches. I´d be psyched if someone has an idea it where to get those rubbers.

Thanks and happy monday
baldo
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da baldo »

Good morning.
Here in this section, I have put information on other types of rubber, also I have put some pictures so you can see which is the same type.
I am also restoring an ape, and I have the same problem as you and the majority. it is advisable to put a profile picture with the dimensions, because often there are no original spare parts,so, we can look in different places.
I have previously named a website where they have different rubber profiles, I have not said for you to buy, (I do not get commission.) I put it to you to see that there are many sites where you can get in the extreme.
if you have a photo, put it, so everyone can look around the world.
see u.
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

the door rubber (fixed window part) was a "piaggio special"
the rubber that is nearest is another width and i doubt anyone would see the 4 mm more
i already posted the measures of the original .
the frontwindow rubber can be found anywhere on the globe , nothing special about it .
i got it from aronne as it was the right length and price :)
as i already mentioned before ; the advantage of using a new rubber is that new curved window sections are easy .
the window rubbers can be obtained rather easy here when there is enough interest ( the mould costs around 50 euros here)
after that the normal meter price . however it will not be a premade shape piece,so one will have to glue it at home.
as one can see the problem can be solved easily but i prefer to find the nearest industrial version and use that .
i prefer easy replacements :)
shortly i will publish a file that consist of some A4 prints to be glued together ( with marks and measures) so that any one can make his own model at home , probably some adjustments will be needed for other models than ac3 but those will be minimal.
looking for these parts at the usual adresses is no use , i would not have been looking for the rubbers when they would be available there.
when a hard to get part is located usually the suppliers adress is published here as well ( i do not know the gastap supplier name anymore but know i posted it here) (the nearest industrial version) the original gastap was manufactured in india , so should be abundant there but my knowledge of the language is just no good and i do not have a crazy friend in india.
restoring an ape makes you OI-
baldo
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da baldo »

scusa la mia ignoranza.
E questo è il mio Vespacar prima. Ecco perché sono così verde.Perché sono in questo forum per imparare da voi.
Ho interesse a trovare profili in gomma.
Credo che il profilo della finestra è s tipo, le misure, mi dà il telaio della porta, sia in profondità e spessore.
Immagine
olandese perché sai di più, ho potuto confermare se è così.
grazie e scuse. F<)
SYBARIS
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da SYBARIS »

Hi everybody:

Those are the window rubber-measures of my APE AC4 (windscreen in 3 parts)
Ecco le mie misure:

The AC4 window rubbers have round edges - the industrial ones available are mostly "sharp edged".

Attached you find images with the measures of the dor windows (fixed and flexible part) as well as the vertical parts of the windscreen and of the rubber under the seat.

At the additional immage you can see the windscreen rubbers we used:
Allegati
door windos fixed part
door windos fixed part
door windos openable part
door windos openable part
windscreen vertical rubbers
windscreen vertical rubbers
seat cushioning
seat cushioning
Ape AD1 windsceen rubbers
Ape AD1 windsceen rubbers
Mongsken
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da Mongsken »

Hi all,
I'm restoring a AC1 and found a company who made both door rubbers for me. I have send them a small original rubber part that still was on the plexi windows attached and they could copy them. Admittedly I had to pay a lot of money for these, but they are original at least. The color of these rubbers is grey. If somebody is interested in buying some of them, feel free to let me know! Cost will be 50€/meter. Best regards, Mongsken
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

at that price i prefer 2mm more in size ...............(3,60 /meter)
Rispondi