P601 problema del cambio

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
Simmo
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: MPM2

P601 problema del cambio

Messaggio da Simmo »

Ho un problema con il mio P601. La possiedo da 12 mesi e ha sempre avuto un cambio "goffo" - quando innesto la 1a marcia con la frizione a fondo fa sobbalzare leggermente l'auto (non abbastanza per spostarla in avanti ma solo una piccola scossa) e quando cambio marcia in 2a, 3a, 4a sento un rumore di "clunk" dal cambio. Ho cambiato l'olio e regolato i cavi della frizione e del cambio che lo hanno leggermente migliorato, ma il problema è ancora lì. Lo fanno tutte le scimmie o è un problema della frizione?
Ieri ho tolto il coperchio della frizione per vedere se c'erano segni di usura ma non c'era nulla di evidente (vedi foto). Quindi la domanda è se vivo con il problema o sostituisco l'intero gruppo frizione qualsiasi consiglio sarebbe ben accetto
Grazie

I have a problem with my P601. I have owned it for 12 months and it’s always had a “clunky”gearchange - when I engage 1st gear with the clutch fully engaged it jolts the car slightly (not enough to move it forwards but just a small jolt) and when I change gear into 2nd, 3rd, 4th I get a “clunk”noise from the gearbox. I’ve changed the oil and adjusted the clutch and gear selector cables which improved it slightly but the problem is still there. Do all Ape’s do this or is it a problem with the clutch?
I took the clutch cover off yesterday to see if there were any signs of wear but there was nothing obvious (see photos). So the question is do I live with the problem or do I replace the whole clutch assembly any advice would be welcomed
Thanks
Allegati
B65E5937-E644-488F-95F5-6089910F9624.jpeg
43E89F77-4F3F-4F3F-BF49-80D01B1CAA66.jpeg
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Re: P601 problema del cambio

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Time to undo the gear change bar at the swivel where the cables are attached - forward/reverse lever in forward and clutch lever taped tight to the handlebar grip . With both rear wheels jacked up off the floor/ground and having first put the gearbox in neutral, slowly move the left rear tire forward and see if pulling and then pushing the shift lever see if you can change gears as on the attached photo. The rod connected to the cross in the gearbox may have come loose causing your problem. To tighten it the thread is reversed so to the left to tighten and to the right to loosen. Don't undo it or you'll be pulling the motor and a big job ahead of you - Ken
motor (10).jpg
motor (6).jpg
IMG_0540.jpg
IMG-20170412-02782.jpg
^&$
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
Simmo
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da Simmo »

Thank you Ken.

I checked it this morning as you advised and the gearchange seemed ok by just operating the rod directly, I then took the gear control housing off and checked the bolt to see if it was loose (thanks for the tip on making sure I turned it anti-clockwise). It seemed to be tight. The rod/bush does rock up and down a bit but I assume it has quite a bit of clearance?

I wonder whether I’ve got a clutch drag problem as it’s almost like the clutch isn’t fully disengaging the drive. I swapped the oil a couple of months ago with some fresh 10w/40 and that did it improve it slightly. The clutch bite is very good and there is zero sign of any clutch slip.

Pete

Grazie Ken.

L'ho controllato stamattina come mi hai consigliato e il cambio sembrava ok semplicemente azionando direttamente l'asta, quindi ho tolto l'alloggiamento del comando del cambio e ho controllato il bullone per vedere se era allentato (grazie per la punta per essermi assicurato di averlo girato contro -senso orario). Sembrava stretto. L'asta/boccola oscilla un po' su e giù, ma presumo che abbia un po' di gioco?

Mi chiedo se ho un problema di trascinamento della frizione in quanto è quasi come se la frizione non disinnesti completamente la trasmissione. Ho scambiato l'olio un paio di mesi fa con un nuovo 10w/40 e questo lo ha migliorato leggermente. Il morso della frizione è molto buono e non ci sono segni di slittamento della frizione.

Pete
Allegati
129BBD8B-2A8B-49F2-9A76-A77ACB480627.jpeg
81F1AB56-3A29-40C9-994E-C9B17D7F4312.jpeg
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

If shifting gears doesn't seem to indicate any problem with the cross in the gearbox you may find your problem is behind the clutch as I did with this P601 motor which would seize when driving. Check spacers, steel and brass bushings on the crankshaft and check for wear at the rear of the drive gear. When worn these affect operation of the clutch itself - Ken
-
Se il cambio di marcia non sembra indicare alcun problema con la croce nel cambio, potresti scoprire che il tuo problema è dietro la frizione come ho fatto con questo motore P601 che si gripperebbe durante la guida. Controllare i distanziali, le boccole in acciaio e ottone sull'albero motore e verificare l'usura nella parte posteriore dell'ingranaggio conduttore. Quando usurate influiscono sul funzionamento della frizione stessa - Ken
IMG_20190623_162232 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20190624_131848.jpg
IMG_20190624_175111.jpg
IMG_20190625_085455.jpg
IMG_20190625_090727.jpg
IMG_20190713_184120.jpg
^&$
Simmo
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da Simmo »

Thank you Ken. I will order a new clutch/bushes etc and then on the next rainy day (shouldn’t have to wait too long in the UK!!) I’ll see if I can remove the clutch and get to the bottom of the problem.

I also changed the oil again today putting in SAE 40 in place of the 10w40 and i think it’s made a slight improvement - and no sign of any metal fragments on the drain plug.

Pete

Grazie Ken. Ordinerò una nuova frizione / boccole ecc. E poi il prossimo giorno di pioggia (non dovrei aspettare troppo a lungo nel Regno Unito!!) vedrò se riesco a rimuovere la frizione e arrivare alla fine del problema.

Ho anche cambiato di nuovo l'olio oggi inserendo SAE 40 al posto del 10w40 e penso che abbia apportato un leggero miglioramento - e nessun segno di frammenti di metallo sul tappo di scarico.

Pete
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Remember that too thick an oil is not good unless it's very hot weather which you folks don't have. 10w40 is a better oil to use because this oil is splashed up to lubricate the clutch and drive parts. Some folks make the mistake of using gear oil 80w90 in the gearbox/differential and with disastrous results as too heavy to lubricate the top end. Burn out a brass actuating pad in no time! - Ken
-
Ricorda che un olio troppo denso non va bene a meno che non faccia molto caldo, cosa che voi non avete. 10w40 è un olio migliore da usare perché questo olio viene spruzzato per lubrificare la frizione e le parti della trasmissione. Alcune persone commettono l'errore di utilizzare olio per ingranaggi 80w90 nel cambio/differenziale e con risultati disastrosi in quanto troppo pesante per lubrificare l'estremità superiore. Brucia in un attimo una piastra di azionamento in ottone! - Ken
IMG_20171124_160013.jpg
IMG_20171124_161120.jpg
^&$
Rispondi