Ape purchase

Per discutere di tutto ciò riguarda il mondo dell'Ape Piaggio anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / To discuss all about Ape Piaggio's world in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis)
Rispondi
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

Ape purchase

Messaggio da Nanonomads »

I'm going to look at a Ape MP600 tomorrow. I don't see anywhere where it explains the difference between a 500 and a 501, and also the 600 and the 601 can anybody help?
Kalimero
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3
Località: Pelosa - Varese Ligure (sul confine fra Parma e La Spezia)
Contatta:

Re: Ape purchase

Messaggio da Kalimero »

It looks like that differences are only aesthetical. The rounded front fender has been changed into a squared one and the thin board in front has been changed into a plastic one. Engine should be the same, still the 190cc.
Exactely the same changes have been made for the 501 version. The gear box could be a little bit different as it has been strengthened.
You can find explanations here, in italian ...
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da Nanonomads »

I'm just learning how to use this form so I apologize if I'm not posting correctly, I have a second question if I tow it has anybody towed these with the front wheel off the ground and the gearbox and neutral? Would you think that would be a problem?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

All you need to understand the differences you'll find on my website in the Parts & Manuals section - Ken - https://www.kjjohnson.ca/piaggio/information.php -
920.jpg
Ape 600MP - Palermo 9039.jpg
APES_029 Sabastiano.jpg
IMG_1709.jpg
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
Rispondi