mesmith26's restoration

Inserisci le foto e le informazioni del tuo motoveicolo d'epoca (solo anni '50, '60 e '70) / Add you vehicle's photos and info ('50, '60 and '70 only)
mesmith26
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: AC4

mesmith26's restoration

Messaggio da mesmith26 »

Well, I took your advice and removed the engine shroud. From there I removed the air filter and the carb. Then I removed the exhaust. I discovered a nice family of geckos had take up residence there!

Here are pictures for you. Ready for my next instructions :)
______

Beh, ho seguito il tuo consiglio e rimosso il sudario motore. Da lì ho tolto il filtro dell'aria e il carburatore. Poi ho tolto il gas di scarico. Ho scoperto una bella famiglia di gechi era prendere la residenza lì!

Ecco le immagini per voi. Pronti per le mie istruzioni prossimo :)
Allegati
Engine_Shroud.JPG
Engine_Lizard_egg.JPG
Airfilter_Carb_sideview_installed.JPG
Airfilter_Carb_topview_istalled.JPG
AirFilter_Removed_showing_carb.JPG
Carb_closeup.JPG
Carb_Closeup2.JPG
Engine_Flywheel.JPG
Engine_Muffler_Removed.JPG
mesmith26
Apista aspirante

Re: Hi All! / Salve a Tutti

Messaggio da mesmith26 »

Here are some more pictures. Does anyone know what type of starter I need and where I might get one?

____

Ecco le immagini un po 'di più. Qualcuno sa che tipo di avviatore ho bisogno e dove posso ottenere uno?
Allegati
Muffler_Disassembled.JPG
Starter Side.JPG
Starter_missing.JPG
Throttle_Cable.JPG
Top_Down_Wiring.JPG
Transmission.JPG
mesmith26
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da mesmith26 »

olandese volante ha scritto:maybe i am mistaken on the engine..........take off the weird cooling schroud :)
carb and filter should be dismounted and put in a box they seem ok, just some work.
the differential is easy as its the modern one ( my manual is no good for you however)
i do have a differential lying around in italy so parts can be found .
there is this number....i think the answer has to come from piaggio or our friend 3rad .(ask ken)
the first thing to do is taking it apart slowly and fill boxes : carb in a box with the filter .
exhaust in a box with the triangle .
mudgards in a box , see if you have all the wheel nuts and a spare wheel (rim).
taking the ape apart should be done in a certain sequence ...........looking at stuff as well :)
getting the piaggio info is more important than you think , espescially for reference purposes.
U+=
After removing the exhaust and carb, I decided to try my hand at the engine and transmission. The mounting bolt on the front of the engine had already been removed. I removed the rear mounting bolts on a triangular bracket near the rear cross member.

The Transmission removal is proving a bit more difficult. I think that I need to remove the chain drive and the bearing before I get remove the transmission (see pictures). Is this correct? Also after removing the nut and cotter pin, I came to this bearing. Is there a correct method or tool for removing this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matthew
____

Dopo aver rimosso la scarico e carb, ho deciso di provare la mia mano a il motore e la trasmissione. Il bullone di montaggio sulla parte anteriore del motore era già stato rimosso. Ho rimosso i bulloni di montaggio posteriori su una staffa triangolare vicino alla traversa posteriore.

La rimozione di trasmissione si sta dimostrando un po 'più difficile. Penso che ho bisogno di rimuovere la trasmissione a catena e il cuscinetto prima di arrivare rimuovere la trasmissione (vedi foto). E 'corretto? Anche dopo aver rimosso il perno di dado e coppiglia, sono arrivato a questo cuscinetto. Esiste un metodo corretto o uno strumento per la rimozione di questo? Ogni suggerimento sarà molto apprezzato.

Grazie,

Matteo
Allegati
Removing Chain drive.jpg
Transmissionremoval.jpg
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Messaggio da olandese volante »

the correct tool is stuff you make at home or i could send it , guess that postage is much more than the iron :)
the bearing extractor is on this site and the best picture is by 3rad
when you are lucky our admin can tell you where to find a picture .
be sure to take out the seger rings before you start to play .
the best way to go is loosen the two transmission bolts and take the engine out of the transmission when still in the frame :)
ask ken for some comments on this job :)
mesmith26
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da mesmith26 »

olandese volante ha scritto:the correct tool is stuff you make at home or i could send it , guess that postage is much more than the iron :)
the bearing extractor is on this site and the best picture is by 3rad
when you are lucky our admin can tell you where to find a picture .
be sure to take out the seger rings before you start to play .
the best way to go is loosen the two transmission bolts and take the engine out of the transmission when still in the frame :)
ask ken for some comments on this job :)
Would this mean that I wouldn't have to use the bearing extractor if I did this? I had tried to do this initially and wasn't having much luck which is why I went to the bearing removal. I asked Ken, but he said he wasn't familiar with this process.

______

Sarebbe questo significa che io non avrei dovuto usare l'apposito attrezzo, se ho fatto questo? Avevo provato a fare questo inizialmente e non avendo molta fortuna ed è per questo sono andato alla rimozione del cuscinetto. Ho chiesto a Ken, ma ha detto che non era a conoscenza di questo processo.
mondoape
Amministratore
Amministratore
Ape owned: AD1

Messaggio da mondoape »

Please see to https://www.mondoape.com/apepiaggio/view ... ?f=6&t=770 and https://www.mondoape.com/apepiaggio/view ... 7&start=30 .
but consider to open a new specific post in the section "Il tuo Ape - Your Ape" because this is the introduction section. ;)
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

come vedi il nostro capo sa ritrovare le cose importante ............the extractor tool is very easy to make .
you wrote the front connection was already gone is that a bolt like the ac3 models use ? big rings and rubbers and such?
mesmith26
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da mesmith26 »

olandese volante ha scritto:come vedi il nostro capo sa ritrovare le cose importante ............the extractor tool is very easy to make .
you wrote the front connection was already gone is that a bolt like the ac3 models use ? big rings and rubbers and such?
Here is a picture of the front connection that was gone. I also got the engine removed and the handlebars so I can send off the Speedo for restoration at
http://www.speedoking.com/.

I am wondering if I should remove the transmission at all before taking it to be bead blasted? Do you recommend that over sandblasting?

Thanks,

Matthew

PS. I could move this all to a new thread, but then people would lose all the initial back story. Not sure what to do?

___

Ecco una foto della connessione anteriore che non c'era più. Ho anche avuto il motore rimosso e il manubrio in modo da poter spedire la Speedo per il ripristino a
[url] http://www.speedoking.com/ [/ url].

Mi chiedo se devo togliere la trasmissione a tutti prima di portarlo ad essere maledetto tallone? Ti consigliamo di oltre sabbiatura?

Grazie,

Matteo

PS. Potrei passare tutto questo per un nuovo thread, ma poi la gente avrebbe perso tutta la storia iniziale indietro. Non sai cosa fare?
Allegati
Engine Front Mount.JPG
Engine Removed1.JPG
Engine Removed2.JPG
Engine Side 2.JPG
Engine Side.JPG
Handlebars Removed.JPG
Speed Bracket2.JPG
Speedo Bracket.JPG
Speedo Removed.JPG
Speedo shaft.JPG
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

the moderator will set it up for you in 'Your Ape' - Ken
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
mesmith26
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da mesmith26 »

kjjohnson ha scritto:the moderator will set it up for you in 'Your Ape' - Ken
Great, I guess I will await instructions. They can port the previous information and pictures there then too, I assume?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

you might send him a 'pm' but give him a title for your page - Ken
mesmith26
Apista aspirante

Re: mesmith26's restoration

Messaggio da mesmith26 »

Thought you all might want to see how the speedo turned out. I sent it to Steve aka. "The Speedo King". He did an amazing job!

___

Pensavo che tutto potrebbe desiderare di vedere come il tachimetro si è rivelato. L'ho mandato a Steve aka. "La Speedo King". Ha fatto un lavoro incredibile!
Allegati
1964_Vespa_Ape_AC4t_Calessino_Speedometer.jpg
1964_Vespa_Ape_AC4T_Calessino_Speedometer_2.jpg
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

I'm surprised you don't keep it on your night table - Ken
mesmith26
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da mesmith26 »

Ken was kind enough to send me this link for the starter that I am missing. Can anyone tell me if this would be a good source to buy from. Is there any way to verify that it is a legitimate seller and that the starter works?
http://www.subito.it/accessori-moto/mo ... 341190.htm

Thanks!

____

Ken è stato così gentile da inviarmi questo link per il motorino di avviamento che mi manca. Qualcuno può dirmi se questo sarebbe una buona fonte di acquistare da. C'è un modo per verificare che si tratta di un venditore legittimo e che i lavori di avviamento?

http://www.subito.it/accessori-moto/mo ... 341190.htm

Grazie!
Allegati
Motorino avviamento _ Starter Vespa Ape -1.jpg
Motorino avviamento Starter Vespa Ape 2.jpg
Motorino avviamento Starter Vespa Ape 3.jpg
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

the best way is to ask aronne to find you a starter.
i cannot see what is missing on the front connection ...........
make a list of parts needed but start with parts that are really needed ....bearings and such ..
starters ought to be goggo? i was told this but contact 3rad to know
ask your godfather KJ
F<)
Rispondi