bocchettone olio Ape MP

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

bocchettone olio Ape MP

Messaggio da aronne »

Perdonate la domanda puerile, ma non riesco a individuare il tappo di carico olio motore nè quello di scarico dell'ape MP. Ho trovato solo quello dell'olio del differenziale. Dove caspita l'hanno messo?
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

olio

Messaggio da olandese volante »

ken ti da le foto .
ken will upload the pics.
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

ho capito come mai non lo trovavo: cambio e differenziale sono insieme, lubrificati in comune. Ero abituato all'ape C con cambio e differenziale separati..
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

olio Ape MP

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Immagine Immagine Immagine

aronne: lay on your back on the floor under the Ape motor/frame, look for the bigger of 3 holes (see photo with screwdriver pointing to it on the frame photo- use a 17mm socket on a ratchet and undo the oil drain plug and dump everything into a pan or it'll be all over you! - See the page from MP Service Manual or better still, look at the beautiful motor and see the oil filler, I've also pointed it out with the screwdriver in a motor photo - unscrew it making sure not to lose the fibre washer and wipe it very clean, inside and out. Clean the drain plug, (it's magnetic and collects metal shavings), install in motor and fill motor with SAE30 oil (do NOT use multigrade oil) about 900cc will do. Let it sit for the oil to drain to the bottom of the motor and screw in the filler plug tight, then unscrew it and check the oil level on the dipstick attached to it (look for the MAX and MIN levels and top up only a bit if necessary. I have an original MP Service Station Manual in Italian, also one in English. If you need a copy I can provide one. Olandese will interpret I hope - Anything else, just ask! - Ken

Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

Thank you for the answer and for the wonderful pictures, I've find the holes. And congratulation for your professional jobs, besides probably you are the unic P501-P601 restorer in the world!

A last question: what is the greate part of iron under the engine (shown in your picture 480x640 151 kb), what is his function? Is it part of the frame?

Many thanks
Gabriele
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Gabriele: Yes, it's the underside of the engine support frame. it's standing on the back end, so if you were on the floor under the cabin and looking towards the rear it would look like the photo - See attached Section VI from the Parts Book, it shows the engine support and attachments from the top. If you or anyone can find me up to six (6) part #35 - part #145293 I would like to buy them, new or used if in good condition. Piaggio went to this type of subframe to avoid the problem of tipping with the older Ape's - it also is very easy to drop the entire subframe with the motor attached if one is doing a major overhaul - I will post more photos in Api di Ken as I restore the P601V which was burned in a fire. - Ken

Immagine Immagine Immagine Immagine
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

strange solution this subfame..
About the piece that you need do you know if is the same of the new Ape Classic? if it is the same it could be found easily.

Another question :>
This morning I've been to see a P601, with regular documents. The engine is perfect, like the price. But the body is awful: the floors need to be completely rebuilt. Do you know if there is somone who sell the new floors, and his price?
Finally: the floar has even a structural funcion or I can drive with rusty floors without any fear?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Immagine

---- Gabriele: See attached photo of floor advertised on - www.auto-ellenrieder.de - The floor is structural, otherwise the cabin will bend or twist out of shape and the doors/windows won't fit. Before cutting out the floor, make sure the inner cabin is braced side to side at the front of the doors as well as vertically or it'll twist out of shape. Not a huge deal but do it right once. What are the door bottoms like? If rusted badly I have new doors in stock, cheaper than fixing. The Ape Classic has a diesel motor and the cooling shrouds are different. Worse comes to worse I'll make new ones by copying the ones I have - I have lots of new P601 parts - Ken
mondoape
Amministratore
Amministratore
Ape owned: AD1

Messaggio da mondoape »

Guardate un po qui http://motor-brommer.marktplaats.nl/ond ... plaat.html , un frontale nuovo di ricambio per MP.
Ultima modifica di mondoape il 24 febbraio 2008, 14:52, modificato 1 volta in totale.
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Gabriele: Do you intend to buy the P601? Are the floors worse than (see P601 interior photo)? Note the difference in pompa freno, the P601 is single action (as in Europe) and our P501's have a dual action brake pump. - Ken

Immagine Immagine

You can reach me direct through our website if you need to
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

Hi, this morning I've sold my P601 (very good but without documents, and this is a greate problem in Italy). The buyer is italian but he lives in Canada, and he will carry the ape there, so you could see my ex p601 there!

The other P601 that I would like to buy is worse than that one yellow in your picture. I don't know what to do because the engine is marvellous (as soon as you turn the key the engine starts), regularly checked, rebuildt some years ago. And the price is perfect too (200-300). However the owner transfer costs more than the vehicle, and apart from this there is the body conditions that scares me..So I have to think about it.
Thank you for the german site, very useful, and even good prices, deutschland uber alles
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Is there a time limit for you after purchase to transfer the ownership? At that price you can't go wrong, even if you were in to salvage. The parts I would buy would be worth it for you to fund your other restoration, but you may not be into this. Most of what I find here is similar to the attached photos - Ken

Immagine Immagine
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano

Messaggio da aronne »

sorry, I don't kill a living P601 ! I can do this only if I find a specimen without documents and in very bad condition
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Now that's exactly what I wanted to hear - so, when you need assistance just get in touch with me, and I'll help you - - go to Api di Ken and see what my black Furgone looked like when I pulled it out of a barn. It had sat in a field for years and the motor was seized. There is an interior photo as well. - Ken
Rispondi