/ Perno della piastra posteriore del freno rotto P601

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
Simmo
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: MPM2

/ Perno della piastra posteriore del freno rotto P601

Messaggio da Simmo »

After experiencing a very long brake pedal and poor handbrake performance I inspected the rear brakes to find that the pivot block is loose on the backplate, which had allowed the brake shoe to slip into the gap - hence the brake problem.
I assume the plates are supposed to be riveted in place which means I’m going to have to remove the backplate. What is the easiest way to do that - should I remove the whole suspension arm and driveshaft or is it possible to disconnect the flexible coupling in site and undo the retaining nut for the hub from behind? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Also any advice on best way to resecure the rivets to get a firm joint - both rivets are still there, they’re just loose?
Photo attached.
Many thanks
Pete

Dopo aver sperimentato un pedale del freno molto lungo e scarse prestazioni del freno a mano, ho ispezionato i freni posteriori per scoprire che il blocco pivot è allentato sulla piastra posteriore, il che aveva permesso alla scarpa del freno di scivolare nello spazio - da qui il problema del freno.

Presumo che le piastre debbano essere rivettate in posizione, il che significa che dovrò rimuovere la piastra posteriore. Qual è il modo più semplice per farlo - dovrei rimuovere l'intero braccio di sospensione e l'albero di trasmissione o è possibile scollegare l'accoppiamento flessibile in loco e annullare il dado di contenimento per il mozzo da dietro? Qualsiasi consiglio sarebbe molto apprezzato.

Qualche consiglio sul modo migliore per rimettersi in sicurezza i rivetti per ottenere un giunto fermo - entrambi i rivetti sono ancora lì, sono solo sciolti?

Foto allegata.

Molte grazie
Pete
Allegati
3F44F9BC-8D5C-4AB2-8B3A-F9A0BAA03455.jpeg
D8754163-1C60-45AE-81E6-155144CDC05D.jpeg
brugnara
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: ATM2

Re: / Perno della piastra posteriore del freno rotto P601

Messaggio da brugnara »

Not sure for the P601 but my guess is that you should be able to disconnect that part from the hub behind.

Otherwise you need to remove the hub and in that case you have to disconnect a lot of pieces
Simmo
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: MPM2

Re: / Perno della piastra posteriore del freno rotto P601

Messaggio da Simmo »

Thanks.

After some filing I managed to remove the rivets and replaced with nut and bolts, so managed to avoid removing the hub!
Rispondi