Spark plug and oil

Quesiti tecnici riguardanti l'Ape anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / Technical questions about Ape in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis).
Rispondi
colmorgan
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: A1

Spark plug and oil

Messaggio da colmorgan »

Just purchased some vespa apes from Italy an AD1T and AE1T. Need to know what spark plug to use, what engine oil and quantity. Does it have an air filter, petrol filter, engine oil filter? What I did find odd was the petrol pipe goes down from tank then up to carb, it is not gravity fed, how does this work? Any links for workshop manuals? Not much information on the net but have found this forum invaluable
mondoape
Amministratore
Amministratore
Ape owned: AD1

Re: Spark plug and oil

Messaggio da mondoape »

Ape AD1:
Spark plug: Bosch W 240 T1 or Marelli CW 240 N, motor oil sae 30 (600 gr.), differential box oil sae 140, no engine oil filter.

https://www.mondoape.com/tecnica-ape-ad1.htm
https://www.mondoape.com/manuali-ape-175-ad1.htm

I have no information about AE1, but I think only the spark plug changes.
Allegati
Air filter
Air filter
Petrol filter
Petrol filter
MarioNYC
Apista esperto
Apista esperto
Ape owned: AD1

Messaggio da MarioNYC »

Welcome to the forum and to Ape ownership with your two Api.

The petrol tank outlet should be higher than the carb, at least I know it is on the Ad1. There is nothing too hard to service on these engines, being two strokes.

Parts are a challenge to find, but they are out there.

You'll find this is one of the best places to ask your questions, and if it takes a little, you will get the right answer, not a guess.

Mario
colmorgan
Apista aspirante
Ape owned: A1

Messaggio da colmorgan »

I was mistaken about fuel. tank is higher than carb so no problem. put new spark plug, new fuel in and she started !

thanks
Rispondi