MondoApe.com, il sito dedicato al restauro dell'Ape Piaggio d'epoca
Oggi è 24 ottobre 2019, 3:26

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: Oil mixture changes??
MessaggioInviato: 31 marzo 2018, 20:34 
Non connesso
Apista aspirante

Ape posseduto: APC2
I have been reading a little on the history of the Ape.

Apparently at some point the oil mixture changed from 5% to 2%?? What were the changes that made this possible?

Also, I am planning to tune my C model a little, perhaps fitting a 7 spring PX clutch as well as either a ported standard type cylinder or maybe a pinasco faro basso one. Is there a possible simple crankshaft upgrade I can do?? I am also thinking of fitting electronic ignition so a later crank would be great if possible? Are there any other cylinder upgrades that have been done to the C? I may even make a simple expansion chamber to help increase the power, has anyone done this on an AC2 or AC3?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
 Profilo  
 Oggetto del messaggio: Oil mixture changes??
MessaggioInviato: 31 marzo 2018, 20:34 

Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Oil mixture changes??
MessaggioInviato: 19 aprile 2018, 1:38 
Non connesso
Apista aspirante

Ape posseduto: AC3
Hi Raffspeed! I intend to do this also on my AC3, Pinasco 160 is a good choice.
The piston ported engines are 5%. The rotary valve emgines are 2% with some excetions.

Profilo  
 Oggetto del messaggio: Re: Oil mixture changes??
MessaggioInviato: 24 aprile 2018, 4:26 
Non connesso
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista

Raffspeed ha scritto:
I have been reading a little on the history of the Ape.

Apparently at some point the oil mixture changed from 5% to 2%?? What were the changes that made this possible?

Also, I am planning to tune my C model a little, perhaps fitting a 7 spring PX clutch as well as either a ported standard type cylinder or maybe a pinasco faro basso one. Is there a possible simple crankshaft upgrade I can do?? I am also thinking of fitting electronic ignition so a later crank would be great if possible? Are there any other cylinder upgrades that have been done to the C? I may even make a simple expansion chamber to help increase the power, has anyone done this on an AC2 or AC3?

There is an electronic kit available for the AC, although it's more of a reliability rather than performance upgrade. On that note, I've been running the same points, condenser and coil in my AC1 for almost 8 years without any issues I don't think it's worth the 300 euro expense. Also, with the new synthetic pre-mix oils you can run it at 3% and be ok.

Regarding all the performance mods, they're all useless unless you can change the gearing, which you can't. You'll end up spending a lot of time and money to kill the reliability without any gain in speed.

If you want a fast ape get an ape50 pull start model, I have a pull-start TL4 with a malossi 130 kit, crank, taller gearing, large carb, malossi reeds, expansion chamber, etc... it's super-fast (for an ape) and they're easy to work on, easy to get parts for and cheap to begin with.... and if that's not enough you can always stick a Honda cbr600 engine in it.

alex

Profilo  

Tutti gli orari sono UTC + 1 ora