Rimessa in sesto Ape 600MP...

Inserisci le foto e le informazioni del tuo motoveicolo d'epoca (solo anni '50, '60 e '70) / Add you vehicle's photos and info ('50, '60 and '70 only)
MasMaster
Apista novizio
Apista novizio
Ape owned: MPM1

Rimessa in sesto Ape 600MP...

Messaggio da MasMaster »

Salve a tutti,
Ho da un mese circa acquistato un ape per dedicarmi alla vita di campagna,quando l'ho acquistato ho fatto un giro in pianura per provarlo e sembrava messo bene appena arrivati a casa ho rifatto un giro di prova per vedere se tutto era in regola oppure c'era da sostituire qualcosa a parte le gomme in evidente stato di degrado e la marmitta aperta in più parti come una scatoletta di tonno..., e a sorpresa in salita andava veramente a rilento direi un 5 km/h il che mi ha un po' insospettito e quindi ho deciso di smontarlo per una revisione seria arrivato al cilindro l'ho smontato e mi sono accorto che quest'ultimo insieme al pistone si presentavano rigati allora cercando in rete ho ordinato un cilindro nuovo(220cc)per ape 600 mp attualmente 190cc che mi è appena arrivato.
Quello che vorrei sapere e se montando il cilindro e pistone nuovi il cielo del pistone debba coincidere con il bordo altro del cilindro oppure no.
Certo di una vostra risposta colgo l'occasione per porvi distinti saluti
P.s.
In questi giorni posterò foto del mio ape L_K*
Ape 600MP MPM anno 1976 C-;
Ape 50 TL6T
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Re: Rimessa in sesto Ape 600MP...

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

The cylinder and piston kit are designed so the original cylinder head can be used. Because of the increase in displacement the motor will require more fuel or it will run too lean. A different carburetor jet from a P601 can be used with some attention paid to the idle jet for best performance. Be very careful when running-in the motor.

Il cilindro e kit pistone sono progettati in modo che la testa del cilindro originale può essere utilizzato. A causa dell'aumento della cilindrata del motore richiede più carburante o verrà eseguito troppo magra. Un diverso jet carburatore da un P601 può essere utilizzato con una certa attenzione per il getto del minimo per le migliori prestazioni. Fare molta attenzione quando rodaggio del motore. - Ken
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
MasMaster
Apista novizio
Apista novizio

Messaggio da MasMaster »

kjjohnson ha scritto:The cylinder and piston kit are designed so the original cylinder head can be used. Because of the increase in displacement the motor will require more fuel or it will run too lean. A different carburetor jet from a P601 can be used with some attention paid to the idle jet for best performance. Be very careful when running-in the motor.

Il cilindro e kit pistone sono progettati in modo che la testa del cilindro originale può essere utilizzato. A causa dell'aumento della cilindrata del motore richiede più carburante o verrà eseguito troppo magra. Un diverso jet carburatore da un P601 può essere utilizzato con una certa attenzione per il getto del minimo per le migliori prestazioni. Fare molta attenzione quando rodaggio del motore. - Ken
Hi,kjjohnson thanks for fast answer, I know I have to be careful for the first 500-600 km for break, so i would know if the top of piston must aligned with the top of the cylinder or not,with the new kit i have 3mm of space between the top of cylinder and the piston.
I think that the old piston had been installed backwards because i saw the arrow to the down and not to the exhaust maybe this have caused the cylinder damage.
I hope soon to solve this problem because I have to go to the countryside to work...
See soon on this forum k.i.t.
L_K*
Ape 50 TL6T
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

You have the correct clearance. One of the problems with changing pistons is that arrow on the piston top is ignored and the piston can be installed upside down so the exhaust port is in the incorrect position. Instant damage is caused and ruins the piston.
piston top showing arrow - Copy.jpg
Too lean a mixture will also destroy the piston and rings. Make sure the circlips for the wrist pin are properly installed, if one comes loose there goes the new piston
Photo0142.jpg
Easiest test for performance is check the plug to make sure the mixture is correct
NGK normal plug.jpg
MasMaster
Apista novizio
Apista novizio

Messaggio da MasMaster »

Ok,
So i can mount the piston with arrow to the down side,i must have the little window from the piston at the same side of exhaust hole???It's correct???
Ape 50 TL6T
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

The smooth side of the piston is on the top as in the photo
APE 600MP 22.JPG
The ports in the piston must line up with the ports in the cylinder and the arrow on the piston points upwards towards the exhaust port in the cylinder (smooth side of the piston on top) see the next photo with new piston installed - Ken Go to my website in the P501 motor overhaul photo file, shows the process - http://www.kjjohnson.ca/piaggio/VESPACA ... 0OVERHAUL/ -
0141.jpg
Here's a better view of the installed piston showing the arrow marked on it
0132 - Copy.jpg
Allegati
0132.jpg
MasMaster
Apista novizio
Apista novizio

Messaggio da MasMaster »

Hi kjjohnson,
Thanks a lot for the photos,tomorrow i will mount mine kit,into the motor wich oil you put???My dealer gave me 10w40 let me know if it's good or i can put other tipe.
Thanks
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Ape 50 TL6T
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

10w40 is OK, good for hot or cold weather. Make sure you wipe the inside of the cylinder, the piston, rings, wrist pin and needle bearing on the connecting rod with oil before doing the installation. Can get instantly hot and needs lubrication. Will blow out as blue smoke. You might need a mirror under the piston as you press the cylinder onto it to make sure the piston rings are seated properly. Examine the ends of the piston rings to make sure they fit on the tiny metal stops in the piston grooves exactly as intended. Always put the cylinder gasket on against the base of the cylinder so when you have the cylinder over the rings you can simply press it in place. Here are the torque tables for setting the cylinder head bolts.
Take some photos, can't see a thing from over here!
0131.jpg
Here you can see the mirror that I use
0130.jpg
0133.jpg
10W40 è OK, buono per il caldo o freddo. Assicurarsi di pulire l'interno del cilindro, il pistone, anelli, spinotto e cuscinetto a rullini biella con olio prima di fare l'installazione. Può ottenere istantaneamente caldo e ha bisogno di lubrificazione. Soffierà come fumo blu. Potrebbe essere necessario uno specchio sotto il pistone quando si preme il cilindro su di esso per assicurarsi che i segmenti siano inseriti correttamente. Esaminare le estremità delle fasce elastiche per assicurarsi che si adattano sulla piccola metallo ferma nelle scanalature del pistone esattamente come previsto. Mettere sempre la guarnizione del cilindro sul contro la base del cilindro in modo che quando si ha il cilindro sugli anelli si può semplicemente premere in posizione. Qui ci sono le tabelle di coppia per l'impostazione delle viti della testata.
Prendete alcune foto, non può vedere una cosa da qui
MasMaster
Apista novizio
Apista novizio

Messaggio da MasMaster »

Ok,
Today i will mount the cylinder i will post you some photos after the end of work.
Many thanks for your help.
Greetings from Italy
Ape 50 TL6T
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

When installing the cylinder head make sure the breather tube is not plugged
crancase breather hole.jpg
crankcase breather tube - cylinder head.jpg
MasMaster
Apista novizio
Apista novizio

Messaggio da MasMaster »

Hi,
Sure i just have checked the breather.....many thanks
Ape 50 TL6T
MasMaster
Apista novizio
Apista novizio

Messaggio da MasMaster »

Hi Ken
I want to know one thing before proceeding with installation between the nuts and the cylinder head I have to put the washers ??? if normal or split?
Thanks
Ape 50 TL6T
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

rondella piana #36 - plain washer 4 of them - according to the parts book and it's usually what I find when I pull a motor apart but not always because I don't know if it's original or has been worked on before by someone who replaced the plain washers with lock washers. Sometimes I find both. - Ken
T l .jpg
MasMaster
Apista novizio
Apista novizio

Messaggio da MasMaster »

Hi Ken,
Do you told me how i can mount the front shosk absorber???I have dismantle for put a new one but now i can't screw it again
Let me know
Thanks
Ape 50 TL6T
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

V178.jpg
You must pull up on the shock absorber to extend it to its fullest for installation, then lower the jack as in the picture and the top will come out through the steering column hole - rubber washer under and another on top then washer and nut - and you'll be able to tighten the nut but use a ratchet gun. You may have to hold the upper part of the shock absorber with a pair of water pump pliers between the spring to stop it from spinning - Ken
330 - 1.jpg
If the steering column is removed from the Ape then I use a large clamp
Rispondi