1957 Ape C AC1T 5468

Inserisci le foto e le informazioni del tuo motoveicolo d'epoca (solo anni '50, '60 e '70) / Add you vehicle's photos and info ('50, '60 and '70 only)
Rispondi
BaliApe57
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista
Ape owned: AC1

1957 Ape C AC1T 5468

Messaggio da BaliApe57 »

Piaggio Ape #002 130812.JPG
Piaggio Ape #001 130812.JPG
Hi all,
These are not the first photo's loaded onto the inet of our Api C. Ken loaded some up last week. I'm doing this as a test. This is the night the machine was dropped off at our place. That's my boy checking it out.
This is all new to me, and I'm spending time looking and learning.
Will load up developments as we go along.

Ciao a tutti,
Questi non sono la prima foto è caricato sul inet del nostro Api C. Ken caricato un po 'di la scorsa settimana. Sto facendo questo come un test. Questa è la notte è caduta la macchina al nostro posto. Questo è il mio ragazzo fuori controllo.
Questo è tutto nuovo per me, e sto passando tempo a cercare e di apprendimento.
Caricherà gli sviluppi man mano che procediamo.
BaliApe57
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista

Re: 1957 Ape C AC1T 5468

Messaggio da BaliApe57 »

Progress has been slow. We have also moved house. Have acquired one in Australia for parts and have just been contacted by a fellow who has three, although all disassembled.
Allegati
Ape 5468 (3).JPG
Moving Vito, Panjer 240213.jpg
Ape Ebay Aust Front Right AC1T30365.JPG
Ape 2.JPG
Eng # AC4M 68100 #002.JPG
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Messaggio da olandese volante »

what is this orange thing ?
it looks like a fake ( very cheap one too )

the middle one has a very very strange mudguard :)
BaliApe57
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista

Messaggio da BaliApe57 »

Hi Olandese Volante,
I was informed that in the city of Ujung Pandang, Api's were used as taxi's, so we went to see what we could find. We were told of three collectors of Vespa/Api, and made contact with one initially. The second collector has just made contact with us and the third is yet to be visited.
Indonesians do their level best to customise everything, and therefore this is the orange machine. It has been heavily hacked/chopped, and in so doing removed the frame number. I was able to locate the engine number which is AC4M68100 and if correct would make it a 1965 example. This fellow also has AC1T5128, dis assembled and was thinking of placing the AC4M engine in this, therefore customising the machine away from its original motor which he had away being repaired.
The middle photo is from collector #2 and his title for the photo was Api Modif, literally modified Api. I have yet to see this machine or the two others he has to be able to confirm Frame Numbers/Engine Numbers. It may well be that this modified Api was an attempt to make an Api A. This is the only photo I have of this machine so far.
Attached are poor copies of the other two Api frames collector #2 has and a few more of the orange machine.
Also a couple of shots of AC1T5128, collector #1, second Api.
Allegati
One of three machines. Another is in a similar state. Unable to load photo of Api #3
One of three machines. Another is in a similar state. Unable to load photo of Api #3
Collector #1 has 2 x Api, this 1957 and a 1965
Collector #1 has 2 x Api, this 1957 and a 1965
Another shot of 1957 example
Another shot of 1957 example
Frame has been heavily chopped. Only able to find engine number.
Frame has been heavily chopped. Only able to find engine number.
Another shot of chopped Api
Another shot of chopped Api
olandese volante
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Messaggio da olandese volante »

as long as you realize that a modified ape is worth very little there is no problem
engine numers tell nothing about the frame ....a frame without number is extremely suspect .
just be sure you pay no more than local parts prices .
from what i see all they are is a load of parts ...........headlights from vespas are not the ones from api :)

i do not know going prices there but realize that when i sell mine the price would be 2500 euro as it is.
this is covering the cost of parts and paint not work :)

beware of forgery i did not make the remark on the front for nothing :)
stick to original U+=
BaliApe57
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista

Messaggio da BaliApe57 »

Yes, I had thought that anything customised/modified from original is of little value, but parts, except to the person who modified. I have been involved in vintage tractors and aircraft and have long held the belief that original is what to value.
We have moved into a new facility with lots of space at work, ad with little more than storage space at home, will bring the machine to work to enjoy. Regards L_K*
Rispondi