Ape 450 of Jaykars

Inserisci le foto e le informazioni del tuo motoveicolo d'epoca (solo anni '50, '60 e '70) / Add you vehicle's photos and info ('50, '60 and '70 only)
Rispondi
Jaykars
Apista aspirante

Ape 450 of Jaykars

Messaggio da Jaykars »

Hello, I bought an ape to restore and frankly speaking I have no clue what I got myself into. First I would like to understand what type and year of ape I have. As far as I can see comparing to pictures on this forum, it is an Ape E0 125cc or an Ape D 175cc.
Allegati
Ape 1.JPG
Ape 2.JPG
Ape 3.JPG
Ape 4.JPG
aronne
Apista veterano
Apista veterano
Ape owned: AC3

Re: Which ape do I own?

Messaggio da aronne »

hello and welcome in this insane but beautiful world. I suggest you to read the frame number, you'll find it on the dashboard, just under the handlebar on the right

When you'll have it you can go to the section "telai" of this site (telai=frames), where you can find the year of your bee
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

You will drink lots of coffee and you'll stand and stare at it often until you understand it. You will wind up with a smile on your face when you are infected. Welcome, and it looks very nice even with a block of wood under the front tire to give it the right stance. It says Ape 450 on the front so it will be a D 175cc, but check the frame number for the year of production. - Ken
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
mondoape
Amministratore
Amministratore
Ape owned: AD1

Messaggio da mondoape »

Hi welcome to Mondoape $+; . Congratulation... you have an Ape 450 175cc very beautiful. The chassis number should be one of the following:

Version 450 kg

1964 AD1T 1001-19753
1965 AD1T 19754-38077
1966 AD1T 38078-50000
Jaykars
Apista aspirante

Messaggio da Jaykars »

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies! This is really exciting! I was hoping is is a 175cc. Unfortunately it is at my fathers garage so I can't confirm it right away. I watch the pictures to dream...

Apista veterano, sometimes it can be simple...

kjjohnson, I'm happy to find your site. Downloaded the user manual for th e ape 175 and it has some nice pics that could give some ideas for the rear espressobar part I want to build on to it. The idea is to have the rear part in the same style. Not a square box but something that goes with the 60s style of this vehicle. I'm happy to find you sell parts as well. I'll be in touch.

Amministratore, I looked into the user manuals on this site but when I download them I get junkmail pop-ups from some kind of german gambling site. Maybe this needs to be checked. When I see this kind of stuff I quickly close it...
And thank you for your info. I will check the chassis number as soon as I'm with the Ape. Unfortunately it's almost 2 hours drive and my father is on holiday!

Ciao, Jaykars
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

When you paint/restore your machine do the cassone/pickup box as well and store it safely away if you're not going to use it as part of the expresso bar. The value in your machine is it's originality. You might consider a 'topper' to accommodate what you intend to do. Check out "Piaggio Ape Food Service" in the General Discussions portion of this website, I've posted lots of photos of Api used for this purpose. - Ken
The ou Cafe - France.jpg
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
mondoape
Amministratore
Amministratore
Ape owned: AD1

Messaggio da mondoape »

Jaykars ha scritto:
Amministratore, I looked into the user manuals on this site but when I download them I get junkmail pop-ups from some kind of german gambling site. Maybe this needs to be checked. When I see this kind of stuff I quickly close it...

Ciao, Jaykars
I will check the page, and I will change the related hosting. Thanks.
Jaykars
Apista aspirante

Re: Ape 450 of Jaykars

Messaggio da Jaykars »

Thanks a lot! Great site by the way!
Rispondi