Ape di Lambrettaman

Inserisci le foto e le informazioni del tuo motoveicolo d'epoca (solo anni '50, '60 e '70) / Add you vehicle's photos and info ('50, '60 and '70 only)
lambrettaman
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista
Contatta:

Ape di Lambrettaman

Messaggio da lambrettaman »

hi and good evening,
here some photo that i took today. its not 501- its 601, thanks for your advise,
oren.
Allegati
ape 001.jpg
ape 006.jpg
ape 002.jpg
ape 003.jpg
ape 004.jpg
IMG_1084.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
lambrettaman
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista
Contatta:

Re: ape 501 clutch problem

as the chairman of vespa club of israel, i'm trying to do something with the importer of the vespa to israel since the 50s.
maybe we could do something. if i will get any photos- i will post it here.
today i took of the rusty back box and now i have access to the engine. hope to open the clutch this weekend:
Allegati
apenew 001.jpg
apenew 008.jpg
apenew 009.jpg
apenew 002.jpg
apenew 004.jpg
IMG_1086.JPG
mondoape
Amministratore
Amministratore
Ape owned: AD1

Re: Ape di Lambrettaman

Messaggio da mondoape »

Hi,
I moved your posts in a new specific topic.
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Was there a spring holding the thrusting plate in it's place with the cam control shaft coming up through it, centered? In one instance on a machine of mine the spring was on the bottom side of the thrusting plate, and it should be on the top. If there's any movement in the thrusting plate you'll have trouble big time. Was the distributor shaft moving freely? The attached photo shows the spring on the bottom, in the wrong place - The original part number for the cam control shaft was 113184 and the new number as of May 1982 is 221407, suitable for P501/P601/P601V. Can you check the part number on the bag for your latest purchase of a cam control shaft and let me know. - It's quite different, I think it's 113184. This is what things should look like when the clutch housing is removed. To pull the clutch you're going to need a puller and you might have to make one. - Ken
cam control shaft 113184.jpg
clutch,thrusting plate,spring,cam control shaft.jpg
original dirty distributor.jpg
spring on the wrong side.jpg
Ultima modifica di kjjohnson il 1 dicembre 2009, 22:38, modificato 3 volte in totale.
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Lambrettaman: I think it's time you visited my website www.kjjohnson.ca and sent me an email through the website so I have your email address and then you'll have mine. Does your club have a website? - Ken
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Here are some photos of a clutch puller and compressor that I had made, and you're going to need them if you pull the clutch, but you can make them. You can also see the clutch holding tool on the top of the puller to hold it from spinning. - Ken
clutch puller.JPG
clutch compressor.JPG
new-old actuating pads.JPG
newoldthrustingplatepp9.jpg
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

How are you making out with the problem you have? Ken
2-Take me to Bayfield.jpg
lambrettaman
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista
Contatta:

some photos from yesterday, breaks looks in good condition:
Allegati
IMG_1554.JPG
עותק של IMG_1553.JPG
IMG_1555.JPG
IMG_1552.JPG
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

The brakes don't look bad at all from viewing the photos. Any apparent leaks around the brake cylinders? Is the fluid in the reservoir clean or dirty? You should bleed the brakes while everything is apart, this will tell you how clean the fluid is and if there's any moisture in the brake cylinders. Clean everything with a toothbrush and then spray everything clean with an aerosol brake cleaner spray. Are the inside of the drums scored or smooth? When remounting the drums do you know how to adjust the brakes? While the front end is up in the air grab ahold of the steering column and pull and push on it and try moving it from side to side to see if the steering column bearings are loose or if the steering is tight and OK. Once everything is remounted test the handbrake and adjust it if necessary, remember it's called "last resort stopping". If your fenders aren't cracked use paint stripper to take off the old blue cracked paint - and - I always paint the hubs with aluminum Tremclad rust paint before re-installing them and use the same paint to paint inside and outside the rims as well as the wheel nuts. Looking good. Ken
Brake cleaner.jpg
brake bleed kit.JPG
145-drum  refinished.jpg
DSC08048.JPG
lambrettaman
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista
Contatta:

Hi, today i changed the brake oil as you wrote, the brakes work good.
next step will be the electricity. there is a big mass with the cables. i add some photos of the battery place.
I think that something is missing there- a box/unit/junction. is it?
again, thanks a lot for the advice- there are no people in israel that can help with ape...
Oren.
p.s

there are 10 ex-military apes that waiting. i am checking around what can i do about that.
Allegati
IMG_1600.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG
IMG_1602.JPG
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Glad the brakes worked out fine. Keep a close eye on the fluid level in case of leaks - it's critical. What you're missing is the starter solenoid as well as the inline fuse holder for the starting circuit, see photo attached. You have a Van so you must check the black wire that comes from the Van Box interior light, passes through the back of the cab behind the battery and enters an inline fuse holder with an 8amp fuse. Couple of photos attached, I'll send you the correct wiring diagram. Look around, the solenoid may be sitting in a box or somewhere with parts etc. that you have when you bought the vehicle. I don't have one in stock but can get one sent if you wish. You don't need anyone in Isreal, that's the advantage of this website. I have a P601 Use and Maintenance Book if you need. Ken
65.jpg
DSC09430.JPG
123-8amp inline fuse.jpg
lambrettaman
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista
Contatta:

Ken,
Can you add the correct wiring diagram and refer me to the parts number that i need?
Oren.
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Your Ape doesn't have electronic ignition. Here are closeup photos of both the starter solenoid with the inline fuse holder as well as the voltage regulator ( the red wire with the black casing goes to the small 8amp fuse holder and is for the interior light in the Van box. The wire going to the back has been removed but the fuse holder is shown complete except for that wire. Give me a minute and I'll post the wiring diagram, but you can see the wire colours. ( I have the Manubrio one handy but not the Volante (steering wheel model). - 155289 is the part number for a Bosch remote control starter solenoid. Here also is a photo from my 601 which shows the 16amp inline fuse has been removed (silly thing) and a black jump wire connects the red and white wires. A problem in the Dynastarter and the system is cooked - Sorry the wiring diagram is fuzzy, can't seem to make it clearer but I can give you the correct colours for hooking up the solenoid if you wish. 17 is the voltage regulator and 19 is the starter solenoid. - Ken
160-starter solenoid.jpg
161-voltage regulator.jpg
DSC00323.JPG
wiring diagram P601 manubrio.jpg
wiring diagram details 1.jpg
wiring diagram details 2.jpg
lambrettaman
Apista apprendista
Apista apprendista
Contatta:

Hi,
yesterday i was in the central agency of the Vespa's that also imported the Apes. they have a nice nos parts for Apes.
I bought the solenoid- its not the same serial number because Piaggio change it to other. I hope that solenoind will be ok.
What do you think about? the other problem is that I'm not sure how to connect it...
Best regards,
Oren.
Allegati
IMG_1690.JPG
IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1694.JPG
IMG_1692.JPG
IMG_1693.JPG
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

In the parts book the number for the Efel starter solenoid is 156713 which is good for MPF, P501, P601, P601V. I'm not familiar with it but will take the photos to the Bayfield Garage tomorrow and let the mechanics explain. In my photo of the Bosch solenoid, (if you're on your knees at the door and the terminals are nearer the battery as mounted in the photo) the black wire (big one)goes to the Dynastarter. The middle terminal is red wire to the ignition switch, red/white wire goes through a 16am inline fuse and then over to the voltage regulator. The other black wire on this terminal goes to the battery, positive side. The white wire goes also to the ignition switch, it's on one of the small terminals on the right side of the Bosch. The other small terminal the black wires (small ones) goes - one to the voltage regulator and one to the terminal on the Dynastarter beside the red terminal. Can the folks where you bought it not help you? Here's another photo of my Bosch solenoid, print it off and take it with you. I will see what I can make out with the photo of yours, will let you know. Ken
DSC00382.JPG
Rispondi