P602, ATM1, TM, P703, P703V, ATM2, ATM3, ATD1, ATD2, FL, FL2, ZAPT10000
dieguito
Apista esperto
Apista esperto
Ape owned: MPM2

P601 - Retromarcia non funzionante

Messaggio da dieguito »

Buongiorno Ragazzi,

Ho da poco ultimato la revisione completa del motore della mia P601, sostituendo proprio tutto (cuscinetti vari, crociera, pistone, cilindro, fasce, ecc).

Ho rimontato il motore sull'ape sostituendo le cuffie e i giunti in gomma sulle ruote. Tutto bene.

Accendo l'ape e parte in qualche secondo. La provo e tutto funziona a meraviglia a parte la retromarcia. Sigh...

In pratica, quando la innesto con la leva per invertire il moto in cabina, non sento alcuna resistenza e l'ape continua ad andare avanti anche con la leva in posizione di retromarcia. Che può essere? Qualcuno ha qualche schema o spaccato da capire come funziona l'innesto prima di riaprire il motore? :-(

Grazie a tutti!
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Re: P601 - Retromarcia non funzionante

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Did you remove the differential when working on your motor? Ken
T.lV differential.jpg
IMG-20160824-01085.jpg
IMG-20160824-01086.jpg
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
dieguito
Apista esperto
Apista esperto

Messaggio da dieguito »

Yes Ken, I did... But there are no other ways to mount it back. Also, if I missed something or put back something in a wrong way I presumebly would hear some noise?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Not necessarily would you hear a noise - I think the selector was not in the correct position when re-installing the differential. NEVER re-install a differential without testing both forward and reverse while the motor is on the test stand. You might post a photo of the top of the reverse selector (near the oil filler top) so I can see. I will post some photos tonight - Ken
dieguito
Apista esperto
Apista esperto

Messaggio da dieguito »

I am pretty sure the leverage is in the correct position but I will post a picture tomorrow so you can see. I have definitely tested the gears before mounting back the engine and everything did work... :(
mondoape
Amministratore
Amministratore
Ape owned: AD1

Messaggio da mondoape »

Non conosco il P601, ma immagino che la leva della retromarcia azioni una trasmissione che a sua volta aziona un leveraggio direttamente sul motore. Hai provato a verificare questa trasmissione e magari azionare direttamente a mano il leveraggio sul blocco motore cambio?
Non demordere, sei in buone mani... quelle del Ken.
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

The photo I want is so that I can see the reverse lever on the engine along with the spring and the cable from the cabin.
An easy test is to jack up both rear wheels of the Ape so they're free to move. Put the Ape in either 1st or 2nd gear - no need to start the motor. By reaching in the engine hatch and pulling the fan towards the rear as if the motor was running you will see movement on the driveshafts as they turn in the forward direction.
Then activate the reverse gear lever in the cabin to make sure it's pulling the reverse lever on the engine far enough ahead to activate reverse gear. It might be (without seeing) that the reverse cable needs tightening to properly activate the reverse lever. Won't work if it doesn't move far enough.
Give that a try and let me know if reverse is activated and the driveshafts move in a rearward direction.
A photo is worth a thousand words - Ken

La foto che voglio è così che io possa vedere la leva di retromarcia sul motore insieme alla molla e il cavo dalla cabina.
Un semplice test è quello di sollevare entrambe le ruote posteriori dell'Ape in modo che siano liberi di muoversi. Metti l'Ape in 1a o 2a marcia, senza bisogno di avviare il motore. Raggiungendo il boccaporto del motore e tirando la ventola verso la parte posteriore, come se il motore fosse in movimento, si vedrà il movimento sugli alberi cardanici mentre si girano in avanti.
Quindi attivare la leva della retromarcia in cabina per accertarsi che tiri la leva di retromarcia sul motore abbastanza avanti per attivare la retromarcia. Potrebbe essere (senza vedere) che il cavo inverso necessita di essere serrato per attivare correttamente la leva di retromarcia. Non funzionerà se non si muove abbastanza lontano.
Fai una prova e fammi sapere se la retromarcia è attivata e gli alberi di trasmissione si muovono in una direzione all'indietro.
Una foto vale più di mille parole - Ken
IMG_20171122_132436 - Copy.jpg
dieguito
Apista esperto
Apista esperto

Messaggio da dieguito »

Hi Ken,

Here the pictures. It perfectly works but there's no resistance when i move the selector with my hand. And of course my Ape only move forward.

Ecco le foto. Funziona ma non c'è resistenza quando aziono il leveraggio a mano. E l'Ape va solo avanti.
Allegati
20171123_122157.jpg
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

UNDO THE OPEN LINK - see if the selector swivels freely or if there's resistance. The lever should be sitting up against the oil filler cap when in forward. If no resistance is found the selector is not positioned properly in the differential - easy to do when re-installing a differential - Ken
20171123_122157 - Copy.jpg
look closely at the second photo for positioning in forward
IMG_20171119_155040.jpg
:-B Is the spring attached to the lever? Can't see in your photos - Ken :-B
IMG_20171123_082616.jpg
should look like this photo when in forward
dieguito
Apista esperto
Apista esperto

Messaggio da dieguito »

Is it possible to remove the differential carter without opening the whole engine?
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Yes. There are through bolts to access only when the fan side engine casing is removed and in that case the differential has to be removed first to access three nuts. In your case the differential only can be removed or even slightly pulled out to make sure the swivel is in the right location. - Ken
0042.jpg
IMG-20170412-02781.jpg
dieguito
Apista esperto
Apista esperto

Messaggio da dieguito »

Been a long long day... I removed the engine, opened, bought a new gasket, cleaned, fixed and back. Hope it was successful. Tomorrow test day!
Allegati
10 am
10 am
10 am
10 am
6 pm
6 pm
IMG-20171220-WA0016-567x1008.jpeg
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Some days are a struggle - I wish you success (trust me, I know). Make a test stand so a motor can be properly tested before installing. - Ken
IMG_1084.JPG
Kens motor test.JPG
dieguito
Apista esperto
Apista esperto

Messaggio da dieguito »

I have a motor stand to test it! But working on a stand doesn't mean working for real! :)
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

But it allows you to test even without running that the gear shifter is working and that forward and reverse are working. Saves a lot of time and work. Just look in the differential where the axles are mounted to see direction and the gear shifter can be activated by hand for each gear.
0082 drive position.jpg
0084 reverse position.jpg
0092 gear shift lever.jpg
Rispondi