New Ape owner

Per discutere di tutto ciò riguarda il mondo dell'Ape Piaggio anni '50, '60 e '70 (telai A, B, C, D, E, MP) / To discuss all about Ape Piaggio's world in the fifties, sixties and seventies (A, B, C, D, E, MP chassis)
Rispondi
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

New Ape owner

Messaggio da Nanonomads »

I'm posting a couple times so far on this forum, but I still have a couple questions if you experts don't mind helping me out. I bought a Ape 600 MPV, I guess the first question I have is the engine oil and gear oil, is that all just in the one dipstick on the right side of the vehicle or is there a second gear oil fill somewhere? And I want to say right from the beginning that I'm a little confused about exactly which vehicle I have. Another question I see some of the PDFs that I've gone through trying to find more information about mine I noticed that there are some apes that have oil tank and are therefore oil injected as opposed to premix. I'm assuming this 1971 ape 600 is premix only? And then my third question would be the 600 and the 601 I asked once before about what the difference between the 600 and the 601 is but I didn't understand the answer. Ken was nice enough to direct me to his site which is a fantastic help and I was almost overwhelmed with all of the data there but I actually never figured out the answer to my question so if somebody knows just which document I need to read that would help or if someone wants to just tell them beginner I would appreciate it.
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

Re: New Ape owner

Maybe this will help
Allegati
PXL_20210421_144903235~2_compress69.jpg
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Ape owned: MPR2
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

It's a 600MP with manubrio or 600MPV with volante (steering wheel) - can't see. Here's a photo where you find the serial number as well as the Homolgation Number- DGM 8173 OM. Serial number is MPM1T+00000+ fill in the numbers. More photos now that you have the hang of it. - Ken
DGM 8113 OM (01).jpg
[/b]
serial number location.jpg
Touch little until we can see exactly what you have and then will advise - Above information from what I can currently see from afar. Ken (You're not in Italy. ^&$
we buy/restore/sell P501 and P601s and parts/manuals/handbooks
http://www.kjjohnson.ca/
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

Thanks, yeah, I'm a ways from Italy 🙂 Florida, headed to Colorado
PXL_20210419_224555409.jpg
Allegati
PXL_20210419_224532421.NIGHT.jpg
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

MPV1T4300
DGM72810N
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

This is from Google translate. I'm assuming this is the answer to one of my questions, whether it has a oil injection, or it is pre-mixed.

TANK: Total capacity 15 liters of mixture, petrol-ollo.

I'm assuming that this means I premix it
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Your Ape was produced in 1970 - 190cc 1970 MPV1T 01199 to 06986 (**). Post a photo taken from the top of the motor after removing the engine hatch. If there's no side two stoke oil tank nor a mixer on the clutch cover then you must use high test gasoline mixed at a rate of 2% with 2 stroke oil ( similar mix to most chainsaws)
Before you try and fire it up there are many things to check! Here is a photo of a 600MP engine bay. See the lever on the clutch cover with return spring for the clutch cable. This motor uses mixed fuel at 2%. - Ken
532349803_20150605_155456_122_914lo - Copy.jpg
^&$
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

Thanks for all your help Ken, other thing that I'm confused about is I see some people call their car in AE3 or an ACT or similar, like I had mentioned in my first question I probably read every PDF that is on your site but of course you get overwhelmed by all the information it feels like drinking from the fire hose but anyway I'm not sure that I understand what that stuff refers to and then also the other question was the 600 versus 601 confusion I know it'll come to me as I continue to read through all the forum, I'm just so curious until I learn to sort everything out of my own, do you mind enlightening me about the difference between a 600 and 601? Or if that's asking too much which I definitely understand I'm a member's a number of forums where people are too lazy to even Google it instead just want you to spoon feed them the answer but that being said if I'm asking too much, could you put me on that document and I shall read it myself
kjjohnson
1° Apista restauratore
1° Apista restauratore
Contatta:

Messaggio da kjjohnson »

Do some homework - Ken - https://www.mondoape.com/mondoape/telai/ - different models and production figures. co:; Refer here for problems and tips you'll encounter - https://www.kjjohnson.ca/piaggio/APE%20 ... /index.php = Photos of different models here on my website -https://www.kjjohnson.ca/piaggio/apegallery.php - co:;
d16c61fa-0259-4a6b-b5bf-4bacdbc93594.jpg
^&$
Nanonomads
Apista aspirante

Will do Ken Thank you so much for replying. I'm sure I will need Parts in the future and I will definitely be in touch
Rispondi